12 December 2008

An Evening in Bethlehem


Some of know that I created a crazy autumn for myself with event after event, some of them overlapping. I will post about some of the events after Christmas.

But, Wednesday night was the culmination of the event that is most dear to my heart, the live Nativity. And, despite one man telling me that he was putting me on suicide watch on Tuesday because I was acting like a despondent crazy lady (with good reason, I might add), everything worked out absolutely beautifully on Wednesday night. It was the most perfect Nativity we've done yet. The choirs were sublime, the animals were picturesque (the camel was secured only days before), the costume changes were streamlined, the cast was filled with wonderful people, and the crew members were even better. If you didn't make it to the Nativity this year, make plans for next year - December 9th, 2009.

Watch the slide show from the Deseret News here.


8 comments:

Codi said...

It looks wonderful. Maybe one day I will get to see it. So that is one thing checked off your list and 5 million things left to do. Good luck! I hope that you have a peaceful and quite January.

megship said...

Um...you are kinda selfish! Keeping that kind of thing all to yourself! I would have definitely wanted to come up and see that! It looks amazing! Thanks for nothing! Did you do that all by yourself? Camel? Holy cow.

Ashley Park said...

you did a wonderful job! we're all lucky to have you around here!

Matt Asay said...

5,014 people came, nearly 1,000 more than last year. I wish I could have been there.

rvasay said...

Jenny,
This looks like the greatest thing ever----I will see it when I get back if you are still doing it.
Can't wait for you to see our Mission Christmas program. Love MOM

Anna Marie said...

Wish I was one of those 5,014 people - it seems each year we are out of town for this. Maybe next year...

Brett said...

This is the first I've heard of this. Have fun sweating with the oldies in Argentina over Christmas.

Hansen Family said...

Jenny, it is great to work with you. These pics make it seem so much larger than it feels huh? Thanks for dragging me into the meetings last year - I know you realize I secretly love this stuff. You are amazing lady.