02 March 2009

It's Not My Birthday Anymore

When Matt married into the Minster family it drove him crazy that our birthday celebrations tended to be big ordeals that stretched over several days, often well past the actual birthday. Just one of my mom's affectionate quirks. He couldn't understand why a simple cake couldn't suffice.

So I found it especially priceless when Matt played Morrissey's latest song for me on the way home from my birthday breakfast this morning:

It's Not Your Birthday Anymore

it's not your birthday anymore
there's no need to be kind to you
and the will to see you smile and belong has now gone


So Morrissey and so very funny! But, actually, it is my birthday for thirty more minutes ; )

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Forget Matt & Morrissey, to us it's still your birthday month so you have a whole lot more celebrating to do! ;) I hope you had a fabulous birthday, sis! (I loved the balloon room photo; I want that on my bday)

kathym said...

I LOVE celebrating birthdays! I love to rejoice and celebrate the anniversary of the day a family member or friend started their 'turn on earth'! In the case of my own girls, I was there to welcome them. That, in and of itself, is reason for me to rejoice. Happy Birthday to the beautiful woman who made me a MOM!
(And I loved the balloon room photo also.)

Chels said...

I personally LOVE that our Mom's stretch Birthdays out as long as possible and wouldn't have it any other way :) Jesse was against it in the beginning but now he soaks up every bit of it...