25 February 2009

Eliza Scout turns 12 Years Old

Scout turned 12 years old today. And that means that...I am getting older!
For those of you who know Scouty, you know what a wonderful person she is (wait, how did she end up being stuck with such sub-wonderful parents : )

I just love surprises - both giving and receiving. So I was excited when Matt and I decided to surprise Scout with a trip to NYC for her birthday. It was kind of a surprise for me too, because we only thought of this a few days ago so I had to make changes to my schedule. Scout didn't know about the trip until I picked her up from school on Tuesday and told her that she had less than an hour to pack her bag before we went to the airport. I didn't even tell her where we were going until we were in the car and I let her friend, Eleanor, who is on the trip with us, tell her.
Bummer - but I left my camera cord at home so I can't upload the photos from today to my laptop. But, I think that Scout thought it was pretty cool to spend her birthday eating at Norma's (best breakfast place, ever), wandering FAO Schwarz and seeing South Pacific at the Lincoln Center. She and Eleanor weren't so hip on spending lunch with two of my college roomates, but I sure loved seeing Erin and Robbie after 16 years. We'll see what tomorrow brings because I haven't had time to plan anything.



4 comments:

rvasay said...

Happy Birthday Scouter! We are so proud of you! We love you! Grandma and Grandpa Asay

megship said...

Holy crap! Does Scout know how amazing this really is? My twelve year old will probably get a book for the big day!

I love Scout! She is so great. I look forward to having her babysit...

Codi said...

Oh I love you Scouty! We have had so much fun with you the past 12 years! So glad you are my niece:)

Hansen Family said...

This is a beautiful picture of Scout. I love how it captures her at this fleeting period where she looks both little girl and young lady. It sort of makes me teary! Blow this one up.