13 February 2009

Grand Targhee 2009



We arrived home from Grand Targhee two weeks ago,
but we're still dreaming about the powder.

We started the trip with a stop in Idaho Falls to visit our great friends (never mind that we haven't seen them in about 7 years) - the Wildings. It was wonderful to see Dave and Emily again, along with their four boys. I'm thinking there's going to have to be some matchmaking going on between the two families. I kept wanting to kidnap little Ridge and take him home to the Asay house.

The next morning we were so happy to be at Grand Targhee again!

Greta and Lily were happy to go to Kids Care
- but not as happy as Matt and I were to have them there.
Scouty and I were so happy as we headed up to our favorite run - Lost Warrior.
Actually, Isaac was quite happy to sit in the lodge and eat muffins all morning long by himself :)

I'm trying to find a way and a time to get back to Targhee before the season ends, but until then I well content myself with watching the great video Matt put together.

Asays - Grand Targhee 2009 from Jen Asay

5 comments:

megship said...

Looking at these pictures makes me salivate. I am so jealous! I really want to take my family someday when I don't have a mini around. I am glad you guys are carrying on the Asay tradition!

kathym said...

This trip looks absolutely awesome! What a wonderful family experience and tradition. It looks so fun and exhilarating. It must be quite a feeling to slip down the mountainside so easily. It makes me wish that I was a skier. I must say, Matt's depiction of Lily at the end is hilarious. Happy Valentines! Love, Mom

Courtney said...

Isaac is literally the clone of Matt.

That video was so great! That will be so fun to have when the kids are older, too. Poor Lily... I think she's just misunderstood.

Hansen Family said...

What a great video! I love love that pic of Isaac - he looks dreamy, watch out girls! Jen, what are you talking about with lessons? You looked like a pro! Thanks for sharing and tell Matt that next time he should try taking a jump. (hee hee - that will make him steam!)

Anonymous said...

I don't even ski anymore but that looks so amazing and fun! Courtney is right about Lily, I'm afraid. Misunderstood is a good word for her. She's awesome!