16 February 2009

The Sweetest Valentine


Matt has always been excellent with Valentine's Day thoughtfulness. On our first Valentine's day he gave me the black harness biker boots that I wear all the time - confirmation that we would indeed make it through our first year of marriage : ) But a couple of years ago he started giving me the best Valentine's gift ever. Well, it isn't really a gift FOR me, but nothing could mean more. Matt always gets flowers for his three daughters for Valentine's Day! It is usually accompanied by a note listing the things he loves about them and always given with much love, leaving no doubt about how much this dad loves his girls.

I'm hoping this will be arsenal for the teen years, when Scout or Greta or Lily are dating some wild kid, I can say with confidence (as I heard my friend Bryan Fong say to his daughter): You don't need the attention of some dumb boy; you get enough love at home!!!


1 comment:

Natalie Scott said...

Those flowers are beautiful! Matt is really very thoughtful. All you girls are very fortunate!