26 August 2008

Back to School Schultuete

Bonneville Elementary started classes today...

...and last night I decided to make a schultuete for the each of the kids to open in the morning. I've been wanting to make these (or buy them) for a couple of years, but never planned ahead. This year the lack of planning didn't stop me as I gathered what little scrapbooking supplies I had and scavenged around the house for little stuffers. I came up with colored scripture pencils, a mini stapler, an emery board, mini hand sanitizers, pencils and various candy, some of which is from last Halloween, no kidding.

This morning the kids woke to find the cones hanging from the light fixture in the dining room, and can I tell you how appreciative they were!?! There were a lot of "thank you"s and hugs. Great reward for a little late night effort.

9 comments:

Codi said...

Look at you, you little crafty mom.

Unknown said...

so cute...you're such a good little mom

rvasay said...

Jenny you are such a creative MOm!
good job!! I can't wait until you are here to help me with my scrapbook! I am not very creative . I love you MOM

Chels said...

That is so fun. You are such a great Mom! I bet they were just shocked. I loved it when my Mom shocked me with fun, random surprises. I hope I'm as fun as you one day!

Natalie Scott said...

What a cute idea! Mom passed her lack of creativity on to me, I guess, because I never think of things like that. My kids come home to chocolate chip cookies on their first day of school...that's the extent of surprises around here ;)

Isaac is such a mini-Matt!

kathym said...

What a great idea...catching them unaware!!;) Don't you just love the unexpected show of caring and love. Starts them off with a shot of "happy" for the day to come. I can tell they love it. You are so awesome to do this for them. (Isaac's shirt is cool, too.) Love, Mama K

Ashley Park said...

Oh i so love your girls! I am sure we are in for it as well with the O man.

Hansen Family said...

This was a great idea! See...you are mom of the year! big hug!!

Lillian said...

The wonderful German tradition of the Schultuete is now available in the United States! For more information: check out: www.kindercone.com
Celebrate School with Kindercone!

or check out our stop-motion film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz9ATWPqXVc