18 August 2008

The Year of Ivory


Today marks the beginning of mine and Matt's Year of Ivory as we are celebrating fourteen years of marriage. I toyed with the idea of getting Matt this lovely ivory phone case ~


~ but after buying new bedroom furniture I think the gift is going to be something more reasonable...








From our humble beginnings... we have exploded into the vast Asay empire we are today (okay, only four kids).

The thing I love about having been married to Matt this long is that each year is better than the one before. Truly.

How well do you know your spouse...this little Spouse Quiz will test your knowledge.

1. What does your spouse do at work? Be specific ("he's an executive" isn't enough, give specifics, duties). This might be easier than me trying to explain: http://www.alfresco.com/about/people/all/

2. What is your spouse really good at? Focusing on the task at hand, among many other things.

3. Has he or she won any awards, commendations, trophies? For what? Yes, but I know I won't remember many of them. Named all-state baseball pitcher in high school, presidential scholar at BYU, and couple of industry awards.

4. What is your spouse's favorite comfort food, when growing up? Many! Maple cream pie, pie crust, hot chocolate from Hatch Family Chocolates, pepperoni pizza with jalapenos from The Pie.

5. What is your mate's dream job? Not sure, but maybe traveling around the world preaching the gospel of Open Source software (the profitable kind : )

6. What did your spouse want to be when he or she was a child? A brain surgeon so that he could make lots of money.

7. What is you mate's top goal in life? Just takes it one day at a time : )

8. What does your spouse see as his or her greatest accomplishment thus far? Personally~having a great family. Professionally~Founding OSBC a few years ago. Physically~Running the Death Valley Marathon.

9. How many cousins does your husband or wife have? Matt doesn't even know this answer, but I think 16 or 17.

10. What is the name of your spouse's high school best friend? Brian Gardiner

11. What is your mate's favorite color? Blue

12. What is your spouse's favorite sport or hobby? Football (aka: soccer

8 comments:

Brett said...

Congrats Jenny. You guys have accomplished a lot in the last 14 years. I'm just glad you've been able to reign Matt in a bit.

Natalie Scott said...

Congratulations Matt and Jen! I liked what you said about each year being better than the one before. Ry and I feel the same way. Happy Anniversary!

megship said...

Jen, gotta say, I love you! You feel just like a sister to me and I'm so glad you didn't pull the plug that first year!

rvasay said...

Jen you are perfect for Matt and he for you. I am also happy you are in our family---what would we do without you! I love you MOM

Ashley Park said...

That picture warms my heart!! So cute, you guys look like kids! Congrats!

Hansen Family said...

Congratulations on 14 yrs! I LOVE this picture. You remind me of Lily in 15 yrs. I also sported braids once upon a time :-)

Chels said...

I love that picture of you two! You look so much like Marcee in that picture (or I guess she looks like YOU). I'm glad I found your blog. It's fun to read things from other people's perspective and to see how they view life. And I liked learning more about Matt from that little quiz :)

-Chels

Brigham said...

I liked the idea of getting Matt some soap. He is fond of soap, particularly if someone is acting sick. It is also really useful for object lessons or analogies in church. More on that topic soon.