14 August 2008

Brandi Carlile's Olympic Debut

I've been loving the music of Brandi Carlile for several months now, thanks to friends Sonya and Matt for the intro.


Brandi has slowly gained notice the past few years for her incredible Patsy Kline-ish voice and strong songwriting. So I found it exciting to see one of her songs, The Story, used in the GM commercial that been playing during the Olympics (this song was also featured on an episode of Grey's Anatomy). This is not my favorite among her songs, but it shows some of the vocal phrasing that I'm so impressed with.

Say what you will about the commercialization of indie music, I'm sure Brandi wasn't crying on the way to the bank.

Here is the GM commercial and the music video from the original song.

4 comments:

Natalie Scott said...

Ooh, I really like Brandi Carlile too! I wasn't sure at first (I heard her for the first time on the Letterman show), but she has so much soul, and her music is different...I love it.

So glad you're blogging Jen!

Codi said...

I told Scott last night that I liked that song on that commercial, I had no idea who it was or what it was called. Now I do. Thanks!

Hansen Family said...

She is in New Orleans Sept. 29th w/ Maroon 5... hmmm trip? Of course, I don't know if I'd stay for the headliner ;-)
Fun idea though!!!

Halo BW said...

Thank you for share with us!

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-tepat-agar-pinjaman-bni-diterima