23 August 2008

Morning Workout

The last thing I wanted to do this morning when I woke at 5 AM was run 13.1 miles, but I'd already paid the entrance fee and by golly, I was going to get my $35 worth of running. So I hauled my butt to Park City and RAN. It was unusually tough going for me the first five miles and the four potty pit stops I had to make during the first half of the race didn't help anything.

In the end, I didn't run a PR, but I did post a better time than I ran in Moab last March by almost three minutes! And I got to listen to some fun music and a great talk by Elder Eyring ~ ever notice how his talks have a nice rhythm and build momentum as they go? Great to run to, seriously.

Earlier in the week I was complaining that it was an out-n-back course, but I ended up liking the trail a good deal and will definitely sign up next year. And I'll welcome any running mates.

I'd like to thank a few people who made this morning possible:

Matt - For taking the girls on an over-nighter so I could revel in an empty house.
Bretta - For having Isaac spend the night with Ethan so he wouldn't be alone in the morning.
Melissa - For making me register for the race in the first place. So sorry that she injured her foot and had to back out.
Nancy - For the introduction to great ponytail holders and Body Glide.

7 comments:

Ashley Park said...

when i get this weight off we can go run.. oh wait.. doesnt running TAKE the weight off? hhmmm, will have to think about that one.

Jeanne said...

I'm impressed Jen! I thought I was going to die when I did a 10K in March. 13 miles is amazing. Way to go!

kathym said...

Grandma Minster would be so proud to see the genetics for running being used by her granddaughter. You definitely got it from her, and your Mom says "Way to go, Babe" also!!
Love you! Mom

Natalie Scott said...

Way to go Jen! I'm running my first 1/2 Oct 11th in San Antonio. I'm excited...but worried I'm going to DIE ;) I have this pattern, first 4 miles, no problem. After that I start to drag a bit. Today I ran 7 miles, and the last one was getting to me (I wonder if the heat and humidity is the problem? Aren't I supposed to get into a "groove" of sorts?)

Anyway, GREAT JOB!

megship said...

Geez! Ty ran one yesterday too! What is wrong with all you people???? Just kidding, I actually wish I could run and not scatch my skin off.

Codi said...

Ever since we moved the treadmill into the house Iris has been telling and showing me what a fast runner you are. She said that Jenny is the fastest runner. I told her that I was faster, but she does not believe.

Hansen Family said...

I have to ask - What is Body Glide and can it be used for things not - running related?! (Like tanning?)
ha ha ha! Good for you Jenny. That itching comment from another pal is something I TOTALLY relate to. Why does that happen anyhow? :-)
My only thoughts here for you are "Knead a Massage"...